Restore your backed up objects or attributes to the original location on the same computer. The Commvault Web Console allows you to perform in-place restores using the Active Directory application.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Applications > Active Directory> client.
- To the right above sub clients, click Restore. The Backup Content page appears.
- If you click the Name check box, all objects, attributes, and organizational units are selected automatically. To restore particular objects or attributes, expand the organizational unit and then select the objects.
- Click Restore.
Objects Not Restored In-place Using the Active Directory Application
Due to a Microsoft limitation the following attributes are backed up but cannot be restored in-place. If the Update Privilege value is set by the system, then the attributes cannot be restored in-place. For example, the Bad-Password-Time attribute is not restored in-place as the Update Privilege value is set by the system. For more information on the available attributes and restoring a deleted active directory object, see All Attributes and Restore a Deleted Active Directory Object.
- PwdLastSet (only if adldaptool.exe was executed before the backup)
- Delete Objects
- rootDSE object
- SID-History (only if adldaptool.exe was executed before the backup)