1. Sign into your Chromebook.
2. Click the status area at the bottom of your screen, where your account picture is located.
3. Select Settings.
4. In the “Internet connection” section, click Add connection.
5. Select Add private network.
6. In the box that appears, fill in the information below:
- Server hostname: The DNS name or IP address of the MX to which the client should be connecting.
- Service name: This can be anything you want to name this connection, for example, “Work VPN”.
- Provider type: Select L2TP/IPsec + Pre-shared key.
- Pre-shared key: This will be the Secret created when configuring the Client VPN on the MX.
- Username: Credentials for connecting to VPN. If using Merakiauthentication, this will be an e-mail address.
- Password: Credentials for connecting to VPN.
7. Click Connect.