If you are experiencing issues with insufficient disk space on your machine to be able to save or install files, please refer to the following procedure.
1. From the Windows Start ⊞ button search and open “Disk Cleanup”.
- From this window you are given the option to select various file types to delete from your computer. Place a check next to each box for the items you wish to delete then click the “OK” button at the bottom.
- If you wish to delete additional files, click the “Clean up system files” button. You can then check additional items to be deleted from your machine.
2. From the Windows Start ⊞ button search and open “Control Panel”.
- Set View by: to “Category”
- Click “Uninstall a program”
- From the list that populates, you can identify software or applications that are not used or necessary and uninstall them to free up additional disk space.
- Click the item you with to uninstall, then click “Uninstall”.
3. You may also delete unnecessary photos or videos from your machine as these tend to take up a large amount of disk space.
- Open windows explorer and navigate to the directory containing your photos or videos.
- Select the items you wish to delete. You can hold the [Shift] key to select items in bulk. Or you can hold the [Ctrl] key to select a group of specific items.
- Hold [Shift] and press [Delete] on your keyboard to permanently delete the items. If you do not do this, you will have to open your Recycle Bin from your Desktop and empty it for the disk space to be cleared on your machine.