1. Plug your device into a power source and connect to Wi-Fi.
2. Tap “Settings” then “General” then “Software Update.
3. Tap “Download and Install”.
4. To update now, tap “Install”. Alternatively, you can tap “Later” and choose “Install Tonight” or “Remind me Later”. If you choose to install tonight, be sure to have the device plugged in.
If you run into any issues while updating, refer to the following link.
If you are using iOS 12, you can have your device update automatically.
1. Tap “Settings” then “General” then “Software Updates”.
2. Tap “Automatic Updates”. The device will automatically update to the latest iOS version. Some updates still may need installed manually.
Update using iTunes
If updating wirelessly is not an option or functioning properly, you may connect your device to iTunes to install updates.
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iOS device to your computer.
3. Open iTunes and select your device. There should be a small icon that appears to be a smartphone at the top-left of the iTunes window.
4. Click “Summary” then “Check for Update”.
5. Click “Download and Update”.